Everithing about kitesurfing in Alvor
In this article, we will tell you about all the nuances of kitesurfing in Alvor:
1. Places for kiteng and subtleties of water area.
2. Alvor and geolocation.
3. Kitesurfing schools.
4. Rescue boat.
1. Places for kitesurfing in Alvor.
This wonderful tourist town has two spots and only one where you can learn kitesurf.
First place is Rio Alvor (lagoon) - warm and shallow water for beginners, and a steady, strong wind with flat water for experienced kiters.
Pluses of spot:
- Steady and strong thermal wind from mid-March to late October.
- Correct wind direction is (north, north-west) in relation to the beach from where kites are launched and landing.
- Lagoon is located in city area, which saves time on travel and the opportunity to go a restaurant for lunch.
Minuses of spot:
- Kite launching area is very far from a parking and road.
- Kite Beach is very small and too busy.
- At low tide, the water remains only in the river, bed with a sufficiently strong current.
- Often sailing yachts are parked in the vicinity of kiteng and learning area, which interferes with a learning progress.